Did you know the estimated percentage of families in Hertfordshire which could be entitled to receive Free School Meals (FSM) but have not yet claimed is around 14%?
This means that your child could be entitled to a free, tasty, nutritious meal every school day in our superb dining hall.
An extra concern is that St Mary's may not be receiving the Pupil Premium that is paid for each child receiving FSM. There is a link to the online application form below which really makes applying as easy as possible.
If you are a parent or carer and you get one of the benefits listed, your child may be entitled to receive free school meals and pupil premium funding:
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (as long as you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and you don't get more than £16,190 a year)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit (with annual earned income of no more than £7,400 after tax and not including any benefits you get).
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until March 2023, or until they finish their current phase of schooling (primary or secondary), if that's after the end of March 2023.
Please click on your home county, below, to access the relevant application form:
It is important for your child and for St Mary's to receive all that you are entitled to.
Any queries please email Mrs Wilkin (Pupil Premium Manager) via firstname.lastname@example.org